Sunday, June 29, 2008

I (heart) Wall•E

The folks I work for were awesome enough to pay for me to go see the opening screening of Wall-E on Friday morning. If you have not yet seen it, you really have to. For reals. I could geek out for hours about the character development, the fantastic acting, the story, and that's to say nothing of the techy stuff (the rendering is like nothing I have ever seen before. I think my brain actually exploded). At the risk of sounding hyperbolic, it is easily the best animated feature I have ever seen. I look forward to seeing it again, several times before it's out of theatres. You should totally come!

Cooler still was the short that preceded it, Presto, directed by my hero Doug Sweetland. Sweetland's sensibilities translated beautifully in this snappy slapstick send-up to old school Warner Brothers cartoons. The poses were crisp, the arcs were gorgeous, and the timing was flawless. Presto alone was worth the price of admission, and is, for my money, Pixar's best short thus far. Here's just a taste, in case you're not quite foaming at the mouth by now:


Now go see it, or you will kick yourself forever. I am not exaggerating.

-LW

1 comment:

buddy bradley said...

very nice blog and sketchs!
I add you in my links!
nice to meet you, man!